We all face barriers in our lives, and sometimes we wish we had a magic wand to make them disappear. We haven’t found that magic wand yet, but we have two tips for you that might help you knock down those barriers you are facing today.
- Be Self-Aware: Being self-aware simply means that you can observe yourself from a non-judgmental perspective. When you are self-aware, you can catch yourself in the present moment experiencing a specific state, reaction, or feeling. The more you are aware of your emotions, the more you start to understand yourself. For example, you might observe that you tend to be reactive when someone provides you with a suggestion on how to do something different, or you catch yourself nervously laughing at a situation that isn’t funny. When you are aware of your emotions, you have a better idea of who you are and how you tend to react in certain situations. It is also the best way to improve yourself on certain aspects that you don’t find optimal. You become less driven by drama.
Not only will self-awareness help you remove the barriers in your life, but it will also help you with the following:
- Experience a greater ability to recognize your emotions
- Improve your critical thinking
- Improve your relationships
- Live in the present moment
- Experience more joy and happiness
Self-awareness is the key to live a life without barriers.
- Build your self-esteem: Self-esteem is the way we perceive or evaluate our worth and is the ultimate belief we place on ourselves. People with high self-esteem tend not to see problems as a barrier but an opportunity for growth. On the other hand, people with low self-esteem will often stop themselves from doing something because they feel they are not capable of. You can increase your self-esteem by appreciating yourself. Have the goal of becoming your best friend. Take some time to hang out with yourself once in a while. It will help you build a level of comfort in being by yourself. Add some self-care during those moments; it will help you increase self-respect. Compassion toward ourselves and self-love will often lead to better self-esteem and higher self-confidence. No barriers will stand in your way.